Being new to certain things means you will face some problems. The same happens when you try to install a window aircon unit that, unlike a traditional wall-mounted aircon, needs support to prevent it from falling.
As these aircon units are placed outside the room, and most of their body is out of the windowsill, there are chances these may fall because of their weight and lack of any support. People use various arrangements to keep them in place.
But as far as the professional and proper way to hold aircon units, aircon brackets are one of the best options available. In this article, we will look at what aircon brackets are, how you can install them, and what are the different prerequisites for installing them.
What Are Aircon Brackets
A window aircon unit is shockingly heavy and needs support to keep it in place. If there is no proper support, it may fall, becoming a safety hazard. In order to prevent this hazard, the best practice is to support the aircon, and air cons brackets are one of such ways to support aircon units which can also act as an anti-theft mechanism.
Check Out Our Aircon Services
These brackets come in different sizes and are made of different materials. So, you get to choose an aircon bracket from various options appropriate for your aircon, keeping in mind the specifications of your unit, especially the weight.
Generally, these aircon brackets don’t come included in your aircon package, so you will have to buy them separately. But, buying them is not a big problem as most of the shops selling aircon units also sell these brackets and they are also available online.
The wise thing to do is to hire a professional for your aircon bracket installation, but if you have made up your mind to do it yourself, you are going to need the following tools:
- Measuring Tape
- Power Drill (In case of the older version of brackets)
Older versions of brackets need drills to make a hole, but newer brackets available in the market don’t require any drills or screws, thus making the whole process a lot easier.
How To Install
- The first thing to do is to check whether the weight of your aircon is evenly centered, meaning the same weight on both the left and right sides from the center.
- If it’s evenly centered, which is in most cases, then make a hole in the center of the windowsill after measuring it correctly with a measuring tape.
- Attach the mounting block that came with the bracket kit to the center and attach it with a screw to where you created the hole with the drill.
- In addition to the mounting block, there will be another block you need to place above the mounting block.
- Now that all the blocks are in place, get the top bracket bar from the kit, which is going to be used as a stand for the aircon, and place it on the blocks. Put the screws in but don’t tighten them as minor adjustments will be needed in the end.
- The last item left will be the bottom bracket bar which you can easily identify as it has holes for bolts. These bolts will attach to the top bracket.
- Place the aircon on the bracket carefully as per the company’s instructions.
You can adjust bracket bars by tweaking the level on the top bracket. Always try to lean the aircon slightly outward or away so rainwater should not enter the room.
Now you know the functions of an aircon bracket and the process of installing them using the recommended tools. An aircon bracket can be very beneficial when you need a sound support system for the aircon unit. They can also be used to end the vibrations of the windows the aircon units are installing. Ensure the brackets are correctly installed so your aircon unit is adequately supported.